Fireworks are more fun for people than for pets.

I think my worst dog and fireworks injury was the dog who snatched up a lit firecracker and it blew up in his mouth.  The inside of his cheeks and gums were severely burned, but he did make a full recovery.

I suspect that if you search the internet, you can find a video of a dog running around with a Roman candle in his mouth, shooting people.

Certainly fireworks and pets don't really play well together directly, but mostly it's the noise.

Veterinary Partner has a great article about this, and it's worth reading.

Take a look.

1 thoughts on “Fireworks are more fun for people than for pets.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *